Citizens Bank believes a community is not simply a place to work or live but rather a place where families are raised and lifelong relationships are formed. For those reasons, we believe giving back is more than a service, it's a commitment; making a community stronger begins with understanding its needs. That's why we work together with business leaders, local organizations, and nonprofit entities to build better communities. We allocate resources suited to the needs of our many communities; whether they be service based, financial or in-kind contributions.
Skills of our employees are as diverse as they are remarkable and there is no limit to the results we can deliver to our community. Organizations and entities that Citizens Bank employees are involved in include, but or not limited to:
- American Cancer Society
- Chamber of Commerce
- Senior Center
- School Districts (Athletic Boosters/Associations, School Board, Project Graduation, etc.)
- Skilled/Residential Care Center
- Community Development Association
- Industrial Development Association
- United Way
- American Diabetes Association
- Local Clubs (i.e. Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, Jaycees, German-American, Knights of Columbus, Preservation Society, etc.)
- Youth Activities (i.e. Little League, 4H)
- Community Fairs
- Local Government
- Local Church Groups
Similar to our community service and volunteering, Citizens Bank focuses on financial giving in the following areas:
- Health and Human Services
- United Way
- Economic Development
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
One of the most simple and effective ways we help our communities comes from hidden treasures within our company; like opening special accounts to allow citizens to make donations to friends and neighbors in need.
Citizens Bank encourages employees to enthusiastically volunteer their time as we believe in the importance of giving back to the community in ways other than financial assistance.