In 1934 the purchase and sale of Farmers Savings Bank of New Haven, The Bank of New Haven, and Citizens Bank of New Haven culminated into the establishment of Citizens Bank of New Haven under the leadership of W. F. Steinbeck, Fred Smith, Robert Meyer, C. S. Buchanan, F. W. Wehrmann and William L. Steiner. The bank’s capital account was $50,000. In 2010 the bank’s capital account is in excess of $20,000,000 and current leadership falls to Donald W. Brandt, Gary P. Kuhn, Ralph Kopmann, James Strubberg, Nadine Pruessner, Craig N. Willimann, Ellen Zobrist, Rich Deppe and director emeritus, William N. Kelley.
Since its inception in 1934 Citizens Bank of New Haven, which officially changed its name to Citizens Bank in 1995, has been proud of its ability to operate, as a community owned, independent bank serving its communities with a variety of full-featured products, which include deposit, credit, mortgage, and investment opportunities. We offer financial services to individuals, businesses, and commercial clients.
By 1977 Citizens Bank had outgrown its downtown facility and a new branch was built on Highway 100, which included the town’s first opportunity for drive-up window service. In 1983 directors recommended and in 1984 shareholders approved the restructuring of Citizens Bank to form a one-bank holding company known as Citizens Financial Group, Inc. By 1985 the bank had outgrown its space and once again expanded by adding a 5,800 square foot addition to the Highway 100 facility. That same year Citizens Bank made its first advance into a neighboring community by opening a loan production office in Gerald, MO, which became a full service facility in 1992. In March of 1996 Citizens Bank opened a second full service branch in Pacific, MO, which ceased operations in November 2000. However, a second full service branch had been opened in Pacific, MO in November 1997 and continues its operations today. By November 2000 Citizens Bank was expanding another time, this time into Washington, MO where it established their fourth full service facility. The fifth branch expansion was made in 2007 when Citizens Bank moved into the community of Marthasville, MO.
Today, Citizens Bank is conveniently located throughout Franklin and Warren counties, operating full-service banks in New Haven, Gerald, Pacific, Washington and Marthasville. Each of our banking centers offer an onsite Drive-Up ATM. In addition, we provide privileges at four other stand-alone locations in Pacific, Villa Ridge, Washington, and New Haven. You can bank anywhere and anytime with Telebank, our 24-hour information line or Citizens e-Branch, our full service internet banking product.
Citizens Bank’s mission is to provide the financial foundation and personal service necessary to meet each customer’s need and to continue, as a community owned, independent bank meeting the financial needs of Franklin and surrounding counties. It is our goal to provide superior customer service and products for our customers, to create shareholder value, and to promote security and satisfaction for our employees.
Citizens bank has remained constant through it all and looks forward to a progressive future as it evolves to meet the changing needs of its customers.